AWS/Cloud Engineer - Level 2 position
Location: Plano, TX
Duration: 3 months with possible contract to hire / Possible extension
* Collaborating with developers, system integrators, and software engineers to resolve time sensitive fixes
* Coordinating job scheduling and report distribution while contributing to cloud platform standards, development and enforcement
* Coordinating activities with the computer operations department and user departments to ensure the integrity of the production environment
* Participating in system design improvements and performance enhancements
* Owning all aspects of service delivery
* Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
* Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
* At least 2 years of IT experience
* At least 1 year of experience in ITIL processes
* At least 1 year of experience in Networking, Hardware, Software, or the Cloud Architecture
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
* Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns
* ITIL certified
* 2+ years of experience in ITIL processes
* 2+ years of experience in Application development
* Experience with the cloud platforms including any of the following Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure.
* AWS. GCP, or Microsoft Certified
Supplier Call Notes:
* Good call leader/communication skills.
* Good technical background.
* Work with various tech teams to generate resolutions.
* Strong AWS Background - Cert Preferred but not required
* Programming background. Python would be most valuable.
* Monitoring Tools - ex. Data Dog.
* Batch scripting and processing.
* Debugging Tools - Preferred- Splunk.
* Cross Platform experience, Unix/Linux
* API knowledge
* 1 Strong incident management and good call leadership.
* 1 Strong system admin/network admin and good call leadership.
* Able to self-teach.