1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AWS Cloud Engineer
Capital One is seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of network-centric Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud!
* Driving project/service delivery
* Stealthily plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in a production environments
* Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
* Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker or Rocket: (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control
* Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
* Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
* Implementing scalable system solutions is required
* We're looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
* Experience migrating on-site solutions to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS
* Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
* At least 1 years' of experience in software developmentembracing Agile principles
* At least 1 years' experience with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
* At least 1-2 years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
* At least 1-2 years of experience with UNIX scripting (ksh) or perl
* Active (not expired) AWS certification
* Manage AWS resource stack (EC2, ELB) via CloudFormation
* S3 bucket administration (ACLs, policies, LifeCycle, replication)
* Manage Security Groups for EC2 instances, knowledge of IGW, routes, and ACLs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.