H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is looking for an Associate Software Engineer - Tax to support H&R Block's retail tax software products. We are seeking individuals with both development and tax experience.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
What you'll do….
You'll combine computer programming and tax knowledge to code changes to H&R Block's retail tax software products. You'll be responsible for keeping tax calculations, interview screens, and interview logic up to date and for making improvements to the products. You'll also create and execute unit tests and fix defects. Finally, you'll work closely with QA and other teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
* Code annual regulatory changes to tax software products
* Code enhancements to tax software products
* Work in tax calculations, interview screens, and interview logic
* Unit-test work
* Fix bugs
* Review design proposals for product improvements
What you'll bring to the role…
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
* Two years of tax experience (or equivalent)
* Two years of computer programming experience (or equivalent)
* Demonstrated decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated effective time management, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Experience using software applications such as Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
It would be even better if you had…
* JD, CPA, EA
* Visa sponsorship is not available for this position