From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
The Associate Software Engineer will work as part of a team to develop and deliver digital assets for Hilton websites and services. Expected to work within an agile framework, and collaborate with the creative team, technical team, and product leads on targeted features and functions required for the project, allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in hospitality.
More specifically, you will:
* Develop and deliver front-end assets for Hilton's websites, including the following tasks: component development, writing unit tests, bug fixes, keeping compliance with web accessibility standards, contributing to state management of the web application, and other supportive functions within the technical stack as needed.
* Establish partnerships within the IT organization to ensure cross-functional alignment, and to ensure deep understanding of a feature request.
* Help fill gaps throughout the development lifecycle to ensure Hilton teams meets delivery expectations.
* Follow the defined agile methodology delivering industry-leading web solutions with premier quality and performance.
* Research, share, and implement new technologies to evolve the front-end stack and increase site performance.
* Follow the guidelines of team leads and platform foundation team while learning about the various technologies used in the tech stack and front-end ecosystem, and seeking a working understanding of any unfamiliar methods, libraries, and practices used in the code.
* Keep up with developments and contacts in the industry by reading relevant websites/blogs/documentation, watching training materials, and attending local meetups/conferences as appropriate.
* Accept and demonstrate the core principles of front-end development practices and ensure these principles are followed throughout the team.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
* Excellent written and verbal social skills with an emphasis on executive engagement
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
* Ability to navigate through changing business, process and capabilities, decisions and direction
* Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations
* Leaders who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
* Communicators like you who will positively influence Hilton teams and who will communicate effectively at all levels
* Collaborative and interpersonal individuals, who build relationships through teamwork, exhibit tact and earn trust
* Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting your fine attention for detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
* Two (2) years of professional experience in technology or a related field
* Understanding of React fundamentals
* Understanding of Git versioning
* 15% travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* BA/BS Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
* Five (5) years of professional experience in technology or a related field
* Two (2) years of experience in software engineering/website development
* One (1) year experience working with React
* Showcase a project portfolio (Github, personal website, Codepen)
* Working knowledge of Git
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!