Job DescriptionThe Company
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called "Cognoids," take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
Delivering Cognex ID and Vision Automation Solutions into various Retail/Commercial/Freight Distribution Centers, Parcel & Postal, and Airport Baggage Handling Industries, the logistics business is one of the fastest growing segments within Cognex. The Logistics Business Unit (LBU) is chartered to lead the engineering, delivery, and acceptance of our ID and Vision Automation Solutions to some of the largest global customers in these industries.
This position is in the Logistics Software Engineering team, focused on providing software that furthers the goals of the Logistics Business Unit. The software written by this team will help to reduce variability in standard designs, improve efficiency during installation and commissioning, and solve demanding new applications.
The Logistics Business Unit is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated candidates with a passion for results!
As a member of the LBU, you will have opportunities to build your skill set with software development, key technology, and customer application knowledge. You will get the opportunity to visit some of our most important customers, collaborate with our cross-functional, multi-national engineering teams, and get exposure to complex and challenging problems involving hardware, software, and systems integration.
* Work on a small software team to prototype and develop innovative features and solutions on top of Cognex products and technology
* Learn and improve methods for configuration and setup of logistics solutions (communications and networking protocols, lighting and optics, etc.)
* Ensure high-quality product by developing test automation and test plans
* Debug and troubleshoot in a hardware and software environment
* Understand our products and our customers' applications to provide optimal solutions
* Support and communicate with Cognex customers and internal teams
* On-site customer visits to support installation and diagnose issues (Typical 25%)
Knowledge, Skills , and Abilities:
* High energy and motivated learner
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with software development processes, source code control, formal bug tracking desired
* Experience with embedded systems, networking, vision/image-processing, industrial programming, and optics all desired.
* Team player with ability to work effectively on multi-site development projects
* Good presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Minimum education and work experience required:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related engineering field)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.