Thales Defense & Security, Inc., is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, and naval/maritime. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; air traffic management navigation, and surveillance, and simulation; and data protection solutions. Further, Thales Defense & Security, Inc. serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions-such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare-to address U.S. requirements.
Thales Defense & Security, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Associate Programmer/Analyst to work at our Clarksburg, Maryland Campus.
* Help analyze, design, develop, modify, document, test and debug new and existing computer programs and applications and ensure optimal performance.
* Assist the installation of patches, updates and fixes.
* Able to interact with users across multiple lines of business.
* Provides appropriate techincail support and gudance to database users, e.g. to application and data owners in Development and Production.
* Document business process improvements.
* Familiarity with simple SQL queries, and work with the Database Administrator (DBA) as necessary.
* Help to set organizational development strategy, usage, security, standards, and infrastructure.
* Assist with cost-benefit analyses of proposed enhancements and implementations.
* Research current and emerging technologies.
* Support application workflows and which may require integration to external applications.
* Respond in a timely manner to help desk tickets, based on current Service Level Agreements.
* Interpret and execute project management techniques and planning for tasks that are assigned.
* Works under immediate supervision
* Must be able to uphold the Thales Code of Ethics and TUSA Compliance Policy.
* U.S. Citizenship Required.
* Associate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Or at least two years related work experience.
* Systems analysis and programming techniques (course work and/or work experience) preffered.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive demeanor in order to interact with a variety of positions and levels within Thales as well as candidates and external contacts.
* Strong consultation, problem solving skills, analytical skills, organization, and attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a fast pace, complex environment and effectively multi-task
* Exercises solid judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
* Able to occasionally lift and move equipment.
* Some knowledge of ERP and/or HR systems helpful but not required.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.