PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Manager, Quality Engineering
San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Worldwide Studios QA works with our partner studios to provide first in class quality assurance and testing services. The Associate Manager, Quality Engineering represents the team and our services to the studios. In a dynamic industry, it's paramount that the Quality Engineering team proactively meets the day to day and strategical challenges we face, as such we require leadership capable of staying ahead of the curve and anticipating the needs of our partners around the globe.
* To lead a team as part of the Engineering Services management group to ensure all Quality Engineering services are delivered to the highest standard
* To deliver valuable automation services that makes our testers and studios more productive
* To develop and maintain relationships between technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
* Be able to motivate, and keep a team on track
* Take ownership of projects and assignments and have the drive to see your projects succeed
* Work comfortably with development engineers, game teams, project managers and QA staff
* Work confidently with international partners and stakeholders, regardless of language differences or time zone
* Build relationships between peers, team members and management stakeholders globally
* Influence studio uptake of value added services that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of product development
* Proactively advocate the efforts of the team, department as a whole and ensure successes are championed
* Experience with C++ including tools development in a game production environment
* Experience working on bespoke tools to support game development or testing
* Experience developing or maintaining the build environment of a game in development
* Experience with game development engines such as Unreal
* Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting via Perl, Python or equivalent
* Practical knowledge of web technologies and infrastructure
* Working knowledge of IT systems and networks, being able to specify requirements clearly to enterprise IT
* Understanding of TCP/IP, vlans, virtual appliances, enterprise storage systems, Microsoft Windows, Linux, embedded systems and administrating all of the above
* Strong 'Customer' focus; how can we constantly improve the quality of the service we provide to our partners?
* Excitement to learn new technology
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.