Sledgehammer Games is looking for talented Level Designers to create cutting edge level designs for our Single player/Campaign team. We're looking for top talent with strong experience in level design for AAA titles. If you're interested in jumping in and working on a new project with some of the most talented developers in the industry, apply today!
* Plan, build, and revise interesting layouts for gameplay.
* Design and own systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
* Create and iterate on the second to second experiences.
* Implement gameplay using proprietary level editor and scripting language.
* Research the game's subject matter.
* Collaborate with the Design, Art, and Engineering teams to create and refine gameplay mechanics, combat encounters, and cinematic sequences.
* Prioritize well, meet deadlines, and communicate progress with the Lead Level Designer.
* Serious passion for Shooters, Console or PC.
* Minimum two years of design experience, ideally on an FPS title.
* Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 3D environment.
* Strong creative and technical design skills. Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
* Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, LUA, or other languages.
* Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
* Works well in a team environment. Strong communication skills. Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
* Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first person shooter level editors.
* Experience with 3d art packages such as Maya or 3ds Max.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we're the video game development team behind Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, making AAA games has been our greatest passion. The strength of our teams makes us not only excellent at what we do, but at how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be, whether they are artists, engineers, producers, or designers. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a gamemaker. We're a Call of Duty studio that prides itself on innovation and taking risks, which is one of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for all-new talent and game developers for our exciting next project.