Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-2595 Associate Information Security Engineer (Open)
STERLING - BUILDING 8
SOC Engineer (Associate Information Security Engineer)
Neustar Security Solutions defend against network threats, inform you of potential network vulnerabilities, accelerate online asset performance, and monitor client website performance through multiple services and offerings. Neustar will offer the largest, most distributed DDoS mitigation network in the world with over 10 Tbps of capacity, and our industry leading SiteProtect DDoS defense service ensures full coverage in an attack. Our UltraDNS service manages 10% of all internet traffic, routes over 1 trillion queries a month and provides industry leading uptime with 100% availability. Our 20 years of unparalleled expertise ensures that our customers are protected and optimized during normal business practices and when unsolicited events occur. Our services ensure customers network connectivity are protected and optimized whether in crisis or just business as usual. We are trusted by many of the world's largest brands to keep their mission critical systems up and running.
The Neustar Security Operations Center (SOC) provides DDoS detection and mitigations services for Neustar's and Customer's Networks. We are seeking a staff level engineer to help with the monitoring and DDoS mitigation response. This position will allow the right candidate to apply their skills while continuing to grow. This opportunity will focus on tactical efforts to mitigate DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks on Neustar networks, using network tools and techniques (e.g., Arbor Peakflow); design and engineer robust, reliable network solutions based on Neustar business requirements and long-term business road map.
* Respond to DDoS issues related to production network services with a sense of urgency in a 24/7 operation environment (25%)
* Actively participate in planning for DDoS detection and mitigation efforts, including industry research (25%)
* Design and implement network infrastructure based on business requirement and industrial best practice in a cost-effective manner (10%)
* Proactively identify and eliminate network single points of failure (10%)
* Seek opportunities for automation, and implement where practical (10%)
* Perform network monitoring and capacity planning, ensure network performance meets SLAs (5%)
* Evaluate, test and recommend new technology that will increase network performance and reliability (5%)
* Mentor and provide training, methods and procedures for NOC staff (5%)
* Maintain and update detailed network diagrams and related documentation (5%)
Traits of an Ideal Candidate
* Willingness to learn: you use the best tool for the job, even if it requires learning something new.
* Process-oriented: you like to automate things and improve the development workflow.
* Product and customer focused: you work well with team members (to include engineering, product management and professional services) to create compelling user experiences and tirelessly work to create a positive customer experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
* 1-2 years of experience with Network Engineering
* Knowledge in DDoS detection and mitigation
* Experience in vendor product evaluation (hardware, software, service provider)
* Ability to work in high-pressure operations environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Knowledge in large and complex network design and implementation in large enterprise or ISP environment
* Strong network problem isolation and troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of DNS
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack
* Expert knowledge of Cisco IOS and CAT OS
* Strong knowledge of Juniper JUNOS
* Working experience in Arbor Peakflow or Cisco Guard DDoS detection and mitigation platform
* Knowledge in dynamic routing protocol OSPF and BGP
* Working knowledge of T1, T3, Sonet, Frame-relay, and Ethernet
* Hands-on experience in Cisco routers/switches/load balancers/firewalls, Juniper routers, F5 load balancers, traffic generators
* Hands-on experience in implementation and maintenance of VOIP and MPLS networks
CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN FOR ALL SHIFTS. SHIFTS CAN CHANGE.
* Sunday to Wednesday Shift
* 6 AM - 4 PM, 12 PM - 10 PM, 9:30 PM - 7:30 AM
* Wednesday to Saturday Shift
* 6 AM - 4 PM, 12 PM - 10 PM, 9:30 PM - 7:30 AM
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.