Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions-such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare-to address U.S. requirements.
This position is for an Associate Embedded Software Engineer in Clarksburg, MD. This position requires a highly motivated individual to work with the Embedded Software Design team to perform low level design and support engineering tasks for embedded wireless communications systems.
Responsibilities will span the software development lifecycle including requirements generation, system design and implementation, integration, and testing support.
* U.S. Citizenship. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* 0-2 years' experience with BSEE/BSCE/BSME/BSCS or equivalent.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain relationships with team members
* Software development for embedded systems in a Linux environment
Expereince with the following:
* The software development process (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking)
* Developing software in C/C++, Python
* Agile methodologies and techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, etc.
* Wireless communication systems and networking
* Embedded Linux on ARM processors
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7549.