AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly.We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for a software developer to lead the Entertainment Operations tools development team.This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's world class engineers to build solutions that will streamline the operational efficiency of AT&T entertainment products.Our customers are our top priority and you'll be at the forefront of making sure that we deliver on that promise.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Entertainment Operations
* Lead and manage a team of software engineers that is responsible for developing and integrating tools for the entertainment operations organization that support the DIRECTV satellite and U-verse platforms
* Architect and maintain the integration of operations tools including, but not limited to, operations support systems (OSS), configuration management databases (CMDB), and monitor and control systems (M&C).
* Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiency and develop software tools to realize these efficiency improvements
* Coach, counsel, mentor, and provide developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities
* Evaluate new products/technologies and assess the applicability to Entertainment Operations
* BS Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related discipline
* 5-7 yrs experience with java software development * 2-3 yrs experience with scripting languages such as python and UNIX shell scripts * In-depth understanding of broadcast/broadband/OTT video workflows, cloud design and technologies
Job ID 1917125 Date posted 06/17/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.