Are you interested in investigating and documenting APL mysteries?
Do you have a keen attention for detail?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an Assistant Sector Security Representative and Facility Manager to help us support the Force Projection Sector's (FPS) Security Representative (SSR) and manage our collateral classified facilities. This role entails working with Security and FPS to craft security policy and disseminate it to the sector classified community. It also involves working with a team to manage Force Projection's 40 closed areas and datacenters.
In your role as the Assistant Sector Security Representative you will...
1. Assist the Force Projection Sector Security Representative in implementing proactive initiatives for resolving security issues. Including oversight of security clearance processes, establishment of sector-wide security practices, and timely
investigation, documentation, and remediation of security incidents.
2. Assist KIT Facility Administrators and Managers with various tasking, including maintaining physical security, proper media marking, property tracking, and general maintenance and upkeep of APL's closed areas and information systems.
3. Attend Lab-wide Security meetings as directed to obtain current information and up-to-date security policies and practices and host and participate in dissemination of security practices during Sector-wide meetings.
In your role as Facility Manager you will help us maintain compliance with NISPOM, RMF, and Department of Defense requirements for authorized Closed Areas and Secure Rooms. You will...
1. Maintain and keep FPS technical closed areas and Data Centers operational. To include security access controls, password resets and user access. Coordinating with ISSO's to maintain surplus classified equipment. Maintaining office and IT supplies required and as needed in closed area stocked. Coordinating with Facilities staff to maintain a cleaning schedule. Escorting personnel to support facilities.
2. Team with system administrators to ensure systems comply with security directives and policy including authentication, logging, auditing, and intrusion detection.
3. Provide Data Center Support, this involves racking new server equipment. Cabling up power, networking and interconnections. Scanning and recording all necessary serial numbers required for SSP submissions. Properly tagging and labeling systems to prepare for classified use. Facilitating server rack moves needed between FPS data centers. Maintain inventory in Excel spreadsheet tracking with all required and pertinent information.
4. Provide FPS DOT Support: Work with our IT department to facilitate New User Primary Systems. Coordinate all non-standard Primary System requests, to include confirmation of required approvals. Ordering of hardware to coordinate with IT staff for FPS system builds.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the position if you...
* Have excellent organizational and communications skills (both oral and written).
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Have pertinent knowledge and relevant experience in supporting Classified Operations, to include facilities, PCs, Laptops and mobile devices. * Are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products. * Are able to effectively work with all levels of staff, contractors and sponsors in both classified and unclassified areas
* Have a current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or the ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
* Can complete of the Center of Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) curricula for the Facility (FSO) Orientation for possessing Facilities (ISO30.CU) and complete the CDSE training for adverse information within 12 months of hire. * Hold an active DoD Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. * Are able to work in closed areas and lift and move computer equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have experience or training with APL financial and property systems. . * Have knowledge and experience with Intelligence Community Special Security processes and procedures. * Have prior experience supporting ISSO functions. * Have experience developing and implementing security related training programs. A working knowledge of IT systems, RMF, DoD security processes, and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.