Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Assistant Information Technology Manager- Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for an Assistant Information Technology Manager who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. The Assistant IT Manager will be a member of a dynamic team delivering great service to our internal and external guests. This position reports to the Director of IT. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine "100 Best Companies to Work For" rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.
Key Elements of the Job
* Ensure critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting, HSIA, PABX and Food & Beverage Point of Sales computer systems are available twenty-four (24) hours per day.
* Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
* Provide administration services, to include; contribution to technology capital and operating budgets.
* Provide Systems Administration, including maintaining user/group accounts, user configuration, trouble-shooting access problems and completion of on-site documentation.
* Assist in Server infrastructure management, performance monitoring, Operating System upgrades and troubleshooting.
* Ensure effective support for other systems, including back office, sales and catering and human resources applications and any other at the property.
* Provide system support services, including service outage diagnosis, troubleshooting and restoration of service, virus protection management.
* Maintain and promote Four Seasons core technology standards as outlined in the Four Seasons IT Core Standards.
* Assist in the co-ordination of new acquisitions and major projects as required.
* Participate in property-level, corporate-initiated technology implementations.
* Good knowledge and support for Desktop OS and applications including patches.
* Provide direct guest support and quality support to function rooms and conference services.
* Administer Lotus Notes, connection to global VPN and other communication tools.
* Assist in the process of systems backup and recovery procedures.
* Assist in management of third party vendors.
* Provide 24 / 7 support for mission critical systems.
* Assist at network support and security of Hotel network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance - wired & wireless, Network protection and failover tools implementation (Firewall, web security, multi-homing devices, etc).
* Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance/Assistant Director of Finance or Director of IT.
* Recommend new applications as requested by hotels to streamline business processes.
* Implement technology "best practices".
* Provide HSIA Guest and Customer support when no contract with third parties exists.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Highest level of integrity and transparency
* Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a team player with high energy Strong problem-solving, decision-making, conflict-resolution and strategic-thinking skills
* Pro-active and inquisitive mind set to develop problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution and strategic thinking skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
* Clear understanding of the purpose and reasons for internal controls Good understanding of the technical knowledge of hotel systems and operations.
* Understand and familiar with hotel quality standards and service standards Reasonable cost analysis, cost management and budgeting skills
* Strong commitment to service
* Technical background, MCSE or strong networking skills
* Prior education and/or experience supporting complex networks
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
* Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
* Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
* Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
* Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
* Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
* Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
* Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee restaurant, the Sound Café
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is an international five-star hotel management company.