Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Amobee's Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Amobee's online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
Are you passionate about designing and building large scale data systems/distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Do you think processing 200 billion requests in under 10ms every day with 1500 servers is an interesting challenge? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we're looking for.
The Software Architect position in Amobee's Data Systems team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role that contributes to Amobee's success through expertise in large-scale Data and Distributed system. You will leverage Hadoop ecosystem and matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, and large-scale data processing.Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture and design, development process and best practices, big data, distributed computing, and high availability.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
* Help define the vision of our next generation high-scale data architecture.
* Architect and deliver evolving complex high-performance, scalable and reliable systems given business and technical requirements.
* Lead and drive cross-team platform-level initiatives and projects.
* Find areas of system performance optimization in our technology stack. Challenges come in the form of scale, computational efficiency, and data fragmentation.
* Partner with product and data science teams to identify opportunities and solutions for monetizing Amobee's diverse data streams.
* Establish best practices in applications that access data cross Amobee.
* Evaluate trade-offs between third-party open-source software and homegrown solutions.
* Responsible for health and correctness of data systems software running on production systems. Work with DevOps and other teams to troubleshoot production issues.
* Must be passionate, team oriented, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver.
* 5-8+ years of relevant experience in system architecture, software design, optimization, etc.
* Experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions and collaborating to see them to completion.
* Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
* Experience with Java or Scala a must.
* Proven hands-on experience with Hadoop, Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, HBase
* Experience with data systems at large scale is a must.
* Solid skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
* Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
* Understanding of analytics, statistics and data science algorithms a plus
* Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases is preferred
* Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud a plus
* Experience with related open source technologies such as Elastic Search, OpenTSDB, Grafana, Kibana, Jenkins, Zookeeper, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. a plus.
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please..
Amobee is a mobile advertising platform offering end-to-end mobile advertising solutions and services for advertisers andpublishers.