Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle provides most comprehensive and well-integrated cloud solutions in the industry, offering best-in-class services across Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Oracle Loyalty Cloud is one of the key offerings in the Oracle CX Cloud Applications Suite. It is relatively new but a fast growing Cloud Loyalty solution. Oracle Loyalty Cloud offers an enterprise class, comprehensive, cross-channel solution for managing the complete loyalty program lifecycle. Using Loyalty Cloud, Customers can drive new strategies and innovations for a distinctive and differentiated loyalty program. With rich Promotion Management capabilities, Loyalty Cloud can empower customer Loyalty program mangers rapidly adapt to changing customer behavior & competitive trends and continuously stay ahead of the curve by delivering a personalized, value driven and unique loyalty program.
We are looking for a highly motivated principal /architect level DB engineer to join our development team. You will be responsible for all aspects of db model design, development, upgrades, large volume data load and performance tuning, etc. You will also have opportunities to interact with customers and partners helping them resolve issues during the implementation; mentor junior developers in the team, participate various technologies discussions and reviews across organizations within Oracle. The product is very new to the market, and there are a lot of opportunities for you to grow with it.
* - Review product requirements from PM
* - Actively participate in and contribute to product design and development process
* - Design and create database schema
* - Analyze performance of queries, review execution plans and tune db script performance
* - Review integration and regression test plans created by QA
* - Analyze and fix defects
* - Implement and maintain database security
* - Stay current with programming techniques and relevant development environment
* - Work with other groups in Engineering and QA to ensure that overall product feature, reliability issues and functional defects are addressed quickly in the required timeframe.
* - Set up and configure Oracle and third party components
* - Exhibit professionalism in attitude, working relationships with colleagues, flexibility and overall work ethic
* - 10 year experience in developing, administering, maintaining and performance tuning large database centric application software systems.
* - Strong knowledge of fundamentals of relational database systems with in-depth knowledge of SQL processing, SQL execution plans, and techniques for SQL optimization, database partition
* - Strong knowledge of Data Modeling / Physical database design
* - Worked on Oracle database version 11g/12c
* - Experience with DB upgrade or migration
* - Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
* - Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify problems and independently develop and implement solutions.
* - Ability to lead project design and implementation of large projects.
* - Ability to prioritize work based upon continuous new input and changing business needs.
* - Must be proactive and preventive in problem solving.
* - Must be a strong team player
* - Must possess good written / verbal communication skills
* - Must be able to work with minimal supervision
* - Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.