Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
New job posting for DSS
Oracle Utilities software powers the utilities that serve millions of people around the world. Our software-as-a-service applications are applying cutting edge data analytics and behavioral insights to help customers understand and take control of their utility usage. We're looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team in Pleasanton, CA.
About the team and environment
The Digital Self Service engineering team is building a new cloud-based web application for utility customers to manage their accounts; from start/stop service, bill pay, providing insights about usage and billing, and giving energy saving tips.
Our DevOps focus will be on ensuring application and middleware configuration, deployment, monitoring, alerting, and log management and utilization in our SaaS environment are fully automated and maintained using best practices. Technologies and platforms we use extensively include Linux, Nomad, WebLogic, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana, and Splunk.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for driving the automation of deployment, administration, and monitoring of application and middleware software in our cloud-based operational environments.
What you will be doing
* Develop/Improve chef and Docker scripts to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of Oracle Red Stack based software
* Develop/Enhance our monitoring, logging, and alerting capabilities
* Assist in the automation, configuration/build-out of new production deployments
* Debug, Triage, and fix DevOps related issues
* Experience working with Infrastructure-as-Code using Docker, Chef or Puppet - 2 years
* Strong Linux system administration background - 3 years
* Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Codeship, Travis, or CircleCI
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
* Comfortable with networking fundamentals like Firewalls, Subnetting, Route tables etc.
* Strong general application level troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Comfortable working in an agile environment using Git / SVN, Jira and Confluence
* Strong communication skills
Nice to have
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting common WebLogic issues
* Experience with cloud infrastructure automation tools - Kubernetes, Nomad, Terraform
* Implemented and maintained DevOps and/or CM tools in small to medium sized operational environment
* Familiarity with system monitoring tools such as Nagios, Sensu, Prometheus
* Experience with logging tools such as Splunk, Logstash, Graylog
* Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack, Oracle cloud
* Experience with Java and Web Services (REST and SOAP)
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.