* Oversees design, implementation, and maintenance of administrative, financial or clinical applications. Directs requirements definition, process and use documentation, product testing, product trouble shooting, product upgrades, and report development. Coaches customers and IS management on product use and direction.Assists in managing vendor relationships.
* Education/Training * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
* * Experience * 6 years technical experience in a healthcare or business environment preferred. Experience in systems analysis/programming, customer service, vendor information, information systems, and project management. Experience that includes exposure to networking and hardware preferred.
* * License/Certification/Registration * Clinical analysts perform all continuing education and other activities to maintain professional licensure.
* * Knowledge, Skills & Abilities * Strong analytical ability to solve complex technical problems. Competent in microcomputing including desktop applications, project management, and communication and emulation applications. Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively interface with internal/external customers. Understanding of information systems and their impact to customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively participates in new associate on-boarding activities. Functions as mentor when leading and/or supporting project activities.
* As appropriate for service line application(s), performs duties required to back up and/or monitor application assets to ensure continuity in service.
* As appropriate for service line applications, monitors and tests the ongoing production performance to assure appropriate operations in terms of response time and storage capacity. Monitors customer utilization of applications to determine if application features are being used appropriately. Recommends operational changes as appropriate. Proactively identifies the need to upgrade the supporting infrastructure.
* Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
* Coordinates and conducts the testing of software updates/fixes and routine maintenance. Validates that systems operate and perform properly through controlled unit, system, integration, and volume testing. Organizes test scenarios into test plans.
* Coordinates and manages vendor resources in the implementation of new software, and/or application upgrades and enhancements.
* Coordinates the development of user and application support documentation to facilitate optimal use of applications. Facilitates and develops updates to support documentation in designated documentation repositories. Ensures support documentation is consistent with service line processes.
* Demonstrates ability to align presentation tools with audience to ensure and enhance effective communication. Actively participates in and/or manages meetings, committees, and/or multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams in support of department activities.
* Develops ad hoc and standard reports using system report writer or other tools to meet customer needs. Assists and guides users in developing ad hoc reports. Trains associates in report development.
* Documents current business processes to aid in the process redesign. Revises or develops new business processes which utilize the capabilities provided by new information technology and provide optimal benefit to the organization in terms of increased efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of the process. Coordinates the development of client department policies and procedures required to implement re-engineered business processes.
* Exhibits extensive experience in the current technology, trends and developments in the healthcare industry in order to serve as a resource for the I.S. department and customers.
* Implements improvements, enhancements, updates and modifications to applications. Responsible for executing project tasks including development of project work plans, resource plans, schedules, costs, administrative reports, and acceptance criteria. Conducts/manages the requirements analysis, functional specification definition and design processes, and implementation and testing of enhancements. Coordinates technical Information Systems associates and user departments.
* Manages application database(s). Ensures quality maintenance of data dictionaries and master files. Monitors file size and integrity, and administer database design and development as appropriate. Responsible for the periodic reviews of software with customers and vendors to evaluate software utilization, and effectiveness.
* Manages application tasks and/or projects using advanced project management principles and tools. Completes and/or manages special projects. Responsible for developing and maintaining project documentation according to PMO standards.
* Manages problem analysis in support of decisions and planning within the application service line. Analyzes the impact of application modules on departments. Develops solutions to meet project objectives. Coordinates vendors, Information Services associates, and users in troubleshooting problems and resolving software or procedural issues. Manages resources and problem resolution.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Plans the development and execution of educator/trainer courses of core system/application functionality.
* Provides facilitation and coordination of training plans. Provides advanced support to customers within and beyond the corporate organization in the implementation and operational use of software applications. Actively coordinates/facilitates successful resolution to user issues, problems and requests. Conversant regarding service line trends, issues and initiatives. Serves as liaison between application and technical IS groups, and user community.
* Responsible for the integration of applications within and beyond the corporate computing environment. Trains associates in support processes.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.