o Reporting to the Application Technical Support Manager within the Technical Support Office.
o The post holder will interact with other operational specialists within the Managed Service Platform, Airwave and the wider Motorola Organisation. As a key technical interface point for Airwave, ESN, User Organisations and Suppliers the post holder will demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective relationships across a wide landscape.
o Within the given remit the post holder will be responsible for delivering agreed Service Levels and internal KPI's within Airwave, ESN and new Services covering areas such as Availability, Incident Resolution, Request Fulfilment, Problem Resolution, and Change Management.
o This post holder will be responsible for providing Technical Support; Developing Processes, Policies and Local Work Instructions; Project delivery activities in support of the existing Airwave Service, ESN Mobilisation and ESN User Services along with the introduction of new Services and Solutions.
o The Application Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for developing and discharging the Applications, Infrastructure and Spares Management related sub processes as well as participation within other processes such as Problem, Change, Incident, Release, Availability Management, etc.
1. Provide 2nd and 3rd line support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities
2. Delivery of the Remedy Application Technical Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365 day pattern including on call requirements
3. Liaise with Customers on all complex issues that can not be resolved satisfactorily by 1st and 2nd line teams, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout
4. Ensuring the Remedy Application Infrastructure and systems are patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
5. Ensuring the Remedy Application, enablers and supporting infrastructure are performing within required capacity management parameters.
6. Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler service uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
7. Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler supporting infrastructure hardware is maintained.
8. Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded the Remedy Application and Enabler Infrastructure components, systems and services.
9. Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
10. Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
11. Maintain Technical Support policies, processes and tools related to the Remedy Application and Enablers
12. Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
13. Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to improve performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
14. Support the Application Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews
15. Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
16. Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UKMS to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact
17. Adhere to all relevant MSP and MSI processes.
18. Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team
19. Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team performance.
20. Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.