Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Application Support Professional III is responsible to manage the SAS and associated clinical applications within global R&D Clinical. In this role the resource will be the liaison between IT and the delivery and support functions and the business and will hold overall IT accountability facing our stakeholders. All aspects of IT systems management will be in scope including Portfolio strategy and system long range planning and new demand capture and prioritization. This resource will be responsible for delivery quality and user sign-off both as directly managing and through collaboration with the IT delivery and support functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Percentage of Time
1. Maintain, support and implement SAS application environments
2. Facilitate functional and technical support to Clinical users globally
3. Understand the business processes and partner with the business system owners to implement systems to support their requirements/business process for new systems or new requirements in existing IT systems including all aspects such as delivery timelines
4. Understand and Analyze business requirements as applicable in existing systems or current vendor/systems landscape for new systems
5. Coordinate software application testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation and support to ensure smooth, stable and timely implementation of new software and updates to installed applications
6. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
7. Addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
8. Analyze Business Requirements and create clear & concise Functional Specifications according to standards for technical staff to use in Detailed Design and software development
9. Preparation of related materials such as training materials and client User Acceptance Test materials, release notes, etc
10. Adhere to GxP Manufacturing and/or GxP Clinical Guidelines
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering, associated discipline or the equivalent experience
* 4 years of Pharmaceutical IT Systems experience
* Working knowledge of FDA compliance, specifically in 21CFR Part 11 regulations and GAMP guidelines
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently
Education & Experience Preferred:
* Working knowledge of SAS Administration, Programming and Support
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering
* 4 years of Clinical IT Systems experience
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
Understanding of GMP's, Part 11 Requirements,
Functional Knowledge: Experience with project management, good presentation skills
Company/Industry Related Knowledge: Working knowledge of Clinical business processes
Director R &D IT
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark