At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Product Enablement team of IBM GCDO organization is in search of a full time Engineer (Software or otherwise) to be part of an exciting opportunity in IBM Power Hardware e-config Sales Configurator development team. In this role, you will be working with other team members that are experienced in Constraint Modeling Language (CML) programming with IBM Power Hardware product knowledge. Qualified candidate will be expected to work in a small team developing and providing configurator code support for IBM power Hardware products.
The candidate should possess the following skill sets:
* Demonstrated development and programming using Ignite Trilogy SalesBuilder CML (Constraint Modeling Language) or high-level experience in a Constraint-Based programming language
* Knowledge of object-oriented language Java, Python
* Ability to work with various requirement sources (documents and teams) to interpret and code day of announce rules for the e-config application considering engineering, marketing, and user requirements rules
* Understanding of placement and connection concept for IBM Power Hardware products
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* 2+ years' experience with object-oriented language Java, Python
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Knowledgeable and understanding of IBM Power Hardware products offerings
* Understand MES/Upgrade processes for IBM Power Hardware
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:239182BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US