At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Onsite Armonk, NY
The IBM CIO Organization (CIO) is looking for a Application Support Analyst/Application Tester to join its Identity Services team. In this area of IBM we manage access and authorization for thousands of applications worldwide! We are a core service / application that is a foundation to IBM systems, worldwide. If you have the desire to achieve, learn and are fast and on your feet, then the CIO organization is where you should be!
THE APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST/APPLICATION TESTER WILL:
* Have proven technical background with good understanding of web based application development or some history of application development.
* Apply best practices in the area of test methods
* Document test cases and execute effectively.
* Quickly learn to support key applications in the Identity space
* Assist the scrum master and Iteration Manager when it comes to effective test planning
* Support end users with regard to application questions and concerns
* Need to be a self-starter, taking initiative when required, but work effectively with the larger end-to-end team
The Business Analyst/Tester will have the responsibility to quickly come up to speed learning key applications in the Identity domain. The primary focus is to assist the development team with planning and executing test cases prior to release of code to production. The position also entails support of end users that may have questions, concerns or problems with the applications, so the role is a dual role.
The candidate must have experience working within Agile squads consisting of other IT Architects, Developers and Support Team members, with squads that are co-located as well as with some in other locations. The candidate must also be comfortable in working in an agile/open environment and reacting to challenges that naturally occur.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* A minimum of 2 plus years' experience in Application Support and Testing
* Demonstrated experience in using best practice test methods against web based applications
* Familiarity with creating automated test scripts and with the use of Automated Test Tools.
* Exposure to web based application development
* Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
* A minimum of 1 years of experience in writing and executing test cases and supporting web based applications.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Experience in an Agile environment
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* State:NEW YORK
* Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:243522BR
* Location:ARMONK, NY US