Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 950 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Applications Support Analyst is responsible for working within the applications team and with all AG departments to support existing applications and optimize business processes. This includes, but is not limited to, responding to support requests, troubleshooting issues to determine the best resolution path, running periodic jobs, and developing new reports. The candidate will support both internally developed and vendor applications.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
* Assess and respond to production issues.
* Actively monitor the support request queue.
* Perform day-to-day administrative functions such as troubleshooting and end-user problem resolution for firm applications.
* Document the problem solving process as appropriate.
* Identify and learn appropriate applications, data, and processes used and supported by the firm.
* Identify potential efficiency improvements to existing business processes.
* Automate existing business and technical tasks, minimizing the amount of manual processes.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 2+ years of related work experience highly preferred.
* MS SQL Server - experience with Transact SQL, Reporting Services, and stored procedures.
* Microsoft Office - Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with advanced features such as VBA, macros, pivot tables, and scripting.
* Strong customer service skills and quick response time to internal and external requests.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Attention to deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
* Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
* Motivated self-starter and team player.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a fo