At Denim Group, we are creating a world where technology is trusted. As an Application Security Consultant, you will break stuff - from web services to mobile apps to IoT devices. You will spread security to the world as you train clients in secure development, design, and testing. You will be a trusted partner in defense and remediation, crafting fixes for security defects and protecting private data handled by legacy and emergent technology.
Be an Expert: Your working knowledge of current threats and countermeasures encountered in the application security arena, paired with support from other experts at Denim Group, will create the elite set of skills needed to assess and remediate diverse applications from a broad array of industries.
Learn from Experience: The team at Denim Group has tons of experience in large-scale software development projects, application security, and information security. From small apps to massive systems, legacy to bleeding edge technologies, you'll be surrounded by folks who've seen a bit of everything.
Be Part of a Team: We know that employees are our strongest asset. We invest in employee development through training and an emphasis on a positive, yet challenging, learning environment. You'll collaborate daily with some of the most creative, intelligent, and fun people in your field.
Be a Contributor to the Community: Denim Group helped to build the local OWASP chapter, contributes to the application security community as a whole, and strives to improve the industry.
Grow with Denim Group: You will report and present application security project results to the top security professionals, and as part of our talented security team, you'll have the opportunity to broaden your skills and improve Denim Group's application security offerings.
You'll definitely need:
* Proficiency with web application security
* A knack for solving tricky problems without losing your cool
* The ability to clearly communicate in speech and writing
* Experience effectively speaking to groups of important people
* Working knowledge of web service protocols and hosting technologies
* Familiarity with code scanning and dynamic analysis tools
* Familiarity with live web testing tools
* Computer Science or related 4-year degree
You'll blow our minds if you have:
* Experience independently executing web application security assessments
* Experience in mobile application security
* Experience in modern DevOps and Cloud hosting
* Experience testing IoT devices and software
* Experience quickly learning and using new technologies and frameworks, implementing them in your work, and training others to use them
We try our best to make Denim Group a great place to work, so we offer:
* Generous paid time off, additional paid time off for tenure, holidays, and flexible schedules to ensure you get a life
* Two retirement plan options with employer sponsored matching so you can quit working someday
* Employer sponsored medical insurance so you can go to the doctor if you're sick
* Employer sponsored life insurance and disability insurance (I'd rather not describe this one)
* Optional dental and vision for sparkly teeth and extra smart glasses
* Employer sponsored activities and events for extra fun
* Paid training and certifications for extra smarts
* Employee-developed tenure program that includes:
* A totally customized comic book cover starring you as the hero (or villain) you are inside
* A 30-day paid sabbatical so you can get a much needed break from us because everyone deserves a break