Application Interface Project Manager
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Provide Cerner oversight to interface development efforts. Ensure coordination with necessary stakeholders (e.g., Cerner, VA OIT, OEHRM teams). Provide recurring reports and metrics on interface status for portfolio of assigned systems. Engagement with existing legacy system owners, business owners, and Cerner. Coordination and support to various meetings, creation of meeting minutes, tracking action items and follow up. Develop schedules, plans and common programmatic documentation. Identify and supervise Risk Management across a subset of applications supporting EHRM. Lead a highly technical and diverse team through common SDLC areas.
* Experience managing Information Technology related projects
* Well versed in lifecycle and project management methodologies
* Experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress
* Must be able to identify and mitigate risks
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline and 10 years of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
* Additional qualifications:
* Experience with structured SDLC methodology and delivering software through gates. Experience with VA's VIP highly preferred.
* Experience managing projects which require integration between multiple systems and understanding of interfaces preferred.
* Experience with Health IT systems, Cerner Millennium and VA VistA
* Experience and understanding of VA or DoD legacy systems, in particular, how messaging and common interfaces
* Experience leading teams through the SDLC through the testing process and understanding of integration testing tasks / concerns
* Experience with interfaces with devices (E.g. BioMed) in a healthcare environment
* Experience with EHR (Preferably Cerner) implementations in particular as it relates to interfacing EHR with legacy systems
* Experience with VistA or its derivatives (e.g. CHCS, World VistA, RPMS)
* Understanding of messaging, in particular HL7 Standards
* Familiarity with middle tier solutions, in particular Rhapsody and HealthShare
* Experience developing, interpreting, and reviewing architectures, in particular DoDAF and UML system interface models
* Experience acting as technical director across multiple technical teams, providing technical insight and mitigating issues through identification of technical risks
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.