Plays a key role in running and maintaining the firm's document management system (DMS), records management system (RMS), data integration systems, enterprise search system, and other assigned multi-tiered major business applications. Responsible for application functional integration, updating, packaging requirements, configuration, support (troubleshooting and level 2-3 support), design, and technical documentation for these assigned applications. Acts as technical expert for designated applications and ensures that the firm is fully leveraging tools within its applications portfolio. Provides expert advice when upgrades or enhancements of assigned applications are considered.
Provides excellent client service to members/departments of the firm as well as to external clients and vendors. Displays professionalism in electronic and print correspondence, over-the-telephone and in-person and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a "can do" attitude.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities. Assumes ownership of level 2-3 support and troubleshooting of assigned applications which often requires working directly with vendors.
* Acts as the backup technical expert for assigned applications including DMS, RMS, data and integration systems and other assigned multi-tiered applications.
* Performs application patch planning.
* Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to the Enterprise Applications Lead and Director, Application Services.
* Assists in evaluating the business relevance and requirements of applications and upgrades under consideration.
* Serves as a resource for small application-specific development requests and addresses special requests from Information Services and other computer users.
* Documents business systems for assigned application software
* Provides excellent client service to members/departments of the firm as well as to external clients and vendors. Displays professionalism in electronic and print correspondence, over-the-telephone and in-person and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a "can do" attitude.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Experience troubleshooting applications in an enterprise environment
* Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel, and to communicate and advise others on issues that are complex and/or sensitive in nature
* Ability to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
* Ability to write and edit technical documentation
* Experience working with software that integrates with Microsoft Office
* Working knowledge of applicable Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows 2012/2016, SQL Server and IIS
* Knowledge of server hardware, server storage and other infrastructure, client/server applications, and server utilities
* Experience with a DMS and or enterprise search platforms is a plus
* Knowledge and working experience of ITIL methodologies and procedures is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
* 2-3 years' experience in applications and services integration and/or development, with significant specialization in one or more areas of the above-mentioned areas of technology.
* 1-2 years' experience in application analysis.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender.
WilmerHale provides legal representation across a comprehensive range of practice areas that are critical to the success of our clients