Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative team-oriented environment and contributes to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our Clinical Ancillary Systems team consists of skilled IT healthcare talent that has experience in implementing, supporting and upgrading many clinical applications that provide critical information for diagnosing and treating patients. These include: Radiology Information Systems/RIS (including EPIC Radiant), Laboratory Information Systems/LIS (including EPIC Beaker), Cardiovascular Information Systems/CVIS (including EPIC Cupid), Picture Archive and Communication Systems (PACS), and many others that help Montefiore effectively share information and provide high-quality care. The technical team is comprised of 40+ people at various levels in Application Analyst, Team Lead, Technical Lead and Manager positions. Together, we are focused on supporting the way we share patient information across clinical providers and business systems users, with the goal of making each patient's experience seamless and patient-centered.
Application Analyst LIS for Epic Beaker
Provide technological consultation, support and development to the Laboratory Information System including:
* Analysis of user needs and requirements
* Application installation, table build and testing
* Application troubleshooting and problem resolution
* Writing user documentation
* Interface between the departmental users/clients and the various divisions of MIS;
* Provide day-to-day operational support for LIS;
* Triage network/workstation/hardware related issues;
* Coordinate modifications to applications for different departments;
* Provide advanced application troubleshooting support for applications as necessary.
* Write test plans and coordinate user and internal testing;
* Resolve and re-test identified errors and problems;
* Assist with workflow redesign and procedural changes;
* Assist with devising and documenting system designs;
* Recommend improvements and increase efficiency of the IT systems and users;
* Assist with coordination of vendor activities including hardware and software installation;
* Test new systems, version upgrades, interfaces and other system modifications;
* Provide 24 x 7 on-call coverage for user support on a rotating basis;
* Commute throughout all facilities within the Montefiore Medical Center hospitals and other Montefiore IT clients, as needed;
* Perform other related duties.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Medical Technologist, Health Informatics or a related field. Experience will be considered in place of a degree
* EPIC Beaker Certification is highly preferred (if not Beaker certified you will be sent for certification at Epic headquarters in Madison, WI within your first 3 months of employment)
* LIS application experience is required
* Skilled in HL7 (preferred)
* MT, PA or clinical experience is a plus
* Experience with the pathology industry, including clinical laboratories, microbiology, surgical pathology, cytology, and Blood Bank.
* Strong technical skills including Windows, UNIX are a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, vendors peers and management.
* Ability to analyze data and make recommendations
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Work well in a team environment
* Excellent follow up skills
* Must be adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
* Must be able to multi-task effectively
* Strong documentation and organizational skills
MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR EPIC CERTIFICATION IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: N/A Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 98431
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.