The Applications Analyst is an intermediate analyst position responsible for troubleshooting and coordinating the resolution of problems occurring with all business and clinical applications. He/she will work independently in managing application related service tickets, documenting findings and communicating status with the end-users. The Applications Analyst will support problem resolution, enhancement requests, and project tasks by building system components, testing, documenting workflows and related information, implementation support and maintenance of NextGen® EMR and other business and clinical applications. He/she will create and evaluate processes, procedures, and workflows and will serve as the subject matter expert to users and other IT team members on the functionality of the organization's mission critical applications. The Applications Analyst will follow the software development lifecycle to manage development, testing and deployment of changes. He/she will follow internal governance processes at all times. Working closely with other IT team members, the Training team, Business Analysts and the EPMO, the Applications Analyst will create, maintain and implement clinical and administrative system changes, enhancements, and reports. He/she will be proactive in the investigation and application of best practices and have a good understanding of regulatory requirements related to the healthcare industry.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Provides application support to end-users for all business and clinical applications.
* Communicates professionally and effectively, ensuring that information is relayed and understood by the target audience.
* Creates and edits electronic medical record (EMR) templates and documents as required, primarily for the NextGen® application.
* Participates in project planning meetings to collaborate with project stakeholders and works with the EPMO team as required.
* Ensures system functionality (outgoing faxes, electronic prescriptions) and connectivity, working with other IT team members and vendors as necessary.
* Reviews changes and upcoming developments in software applications and actively seeks out way to improve processes or workflows.
* Contributes to the business analysis for reporting requirements.
* Creates documentation for supported systems and enhancements.
* Designs, tests, and modifies semi-complex systems, modules and/or approaches based on stakeholder requirements.
* Performs basic queries to validate data for reports generated by the system and/or the Data Analytics team.
* Manages application requests using the internal ticketing system, updates statuses and documents resolutions as required by internal processes and policies.
* Prepares test data, creates test scripts, and works with project team and end-users to perform testing of upgrades, changes, and new implementations.
* Maintains current knowledge of NextGen®, and other clinical and business systems.
* Provides feedback to the team regarding software application improvements and/or innovations.
* Exemplifies and promotes the department's four key success factors: Positivity, Ownership, Efficiency and Transparency, when working with both internal and external customers
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Adheres to all applicable SYHealth policies, procedures, protocols and best practices.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with teams to achieve quality, excellence, harmony and problem-solving to obtain stated goals and objectives.
* Demonstrates active listening skills, respect and a positive "Can Do" attitude.
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading literature to keep up-to-date related to Healthcare laws and Leadership, attending in-service trainings and workshops to improve upon knowledge and skillset.
* Attends meetings, as required, and participates on committees, as directed.
* Demonstrates professional behavior standard etiquette, courtesy, mutual respect, confidentiality and treats every patient and employee with dignity in every interaction.
* Exhibits a high level of integrity, ethics, transparency, leadership style and trust.
* Promotes and fosters respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality on all patient EHR data and abides by both the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules.
* Exhibits excellent presentation skills, confidently speaks up, follows the appropriate chain of command and demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
* Performs any other job-related duties as needed, assigned or requested
Education Required: Associates degree in a related field.
Education Preferred: BA/BS degree preferred
Certifications Preferred: Certification in NextGen® EHR, EPM with template development preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of application support experience as a business analyst, systems analyst or applications support analyst.
* 2-4 years working with the NextGen® application, experience with similar applications may be considered.
* 1-3 years healthcare experience (clinic, hospital or health system) including clinical workflow and clinical terminology.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
1.Strong written and verbal communication skills
2.Strong facilitation and presentation skills
3.Think abstractly beyond basic data requirement
4.Communicate in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in writing
5.Communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives.
6.Exercise strong planning, organizing, and communication skills
7.Work independently and as a team
8.Work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
9.Work outside normal business hours as necessary to support production-sensitive projects
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
1.Clinical workflow in a health care setting
2.Proficient in Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
3.Software development lifecycle and change governance
4.Experience with quality and regulatory reporting in the healthcare industry
5.Experience working with EMR applications, preferably NextGen®
6.Experience troubleshooting complex application issues
7.Experience working with interfaces, preferably HL7
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 1601 Precision Park Lane -California, San Diego, California, United States of America