For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an amazing Android Developer who loves crafting cutting-edge user experiences. As a Senior Android Developer you will be a key member of our growing mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading applications android applications on Samsung handsets and tablets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
* Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups across to define and implement product features.
Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
* Design application frameworks for use across multiple products.
* Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
* Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
* Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
* Results-driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Evaluate opportunities to bring new product features and content to mobile users from a technical perspective.
* Build strong working relationships with co-workers, product and other intra company teams.
* Experience to work in Agile Project Management & development methodology
Desired Skills & Experience
* Fluent in Java programming - especially in a mobile or embedded environment.
* Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java "design patterns" are desirable.
* 5+ years of Software development experience and minimum 3 years of Android apps development experience.
* Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
* Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
* Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications.
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
* Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team.
* Knowledge of Android frameworks - such as messaging, networking, web services - strongly desired. Candidates with demonstrable expertise in such middleware APIs will be given preference.
* Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
* Minimally Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required; MS CS preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.