The primary roles of the tech lead are to provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to the company's software development and design teams, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the business and technology team In addition you will ensure the delivery of robust, high-quality, and scalable mobile solution. Individuals that are thought-leaders, with real-world experience, and the ability to collaborate across functions will find this role exciting and challenging.
* Provide technical leadership to the development team and also be hands on all modern Android - Google framework
* Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the architectural blueprints.
* Be responsive and decisive on adjusting product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technologies evolve.
* Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design.
* Work collaboratively with Leads , Architect & Scrum Master to understand customer's requirements and priorities, adapt to changing needs of the project and excel in delivery.
* Maintain existing native Android code adding new features and monitor app usage and performance Work alongside other native developers and web teams to deliver on assigned deliverables.
* Suggest improvements to existing process and contribute in adding value to the client in terms of innovation & new ideas.
* Follow implemented code standards as well as participate in code reviews and GIT Flow process reviews.
* Experience Required Must Have
* Should have 5 to 7+ years of Android Application development.
* Should understand Full life-cycle native Android development, enhancement, and maintenance
* Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
* Should have good understanding of on different components like Google Maps, FCM, Bluetooth, Location Services, etc. along with the basic android application components.
* Should have worked with dependency injection Framework like Dagger 2.0.
* Experience with Git or similar version control system
* should have worked with junit and functional testing, with frameworks like Mockito and Espresso.
* Understand & implement latest technologies like Android Instant Apps, Wear 2.0 Standalone apps on Android Platform.
* Good understanding of the client/server architecture and web services (SOAP/REST). Good understanding of XML and JSON.
* Good Knowledge working with tools like POSTMAN and REST Service client.
* Knowledge in working with JERSY restful web services.
* Java application server experience required (Websphere or Tomcat experience)
* Good exposure working of various build environments (dev, qa, prod) and working experience on supporting multiple brands with the same code base.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Implementing various architectures like MVC, MVP and MVVM.
* Android Wear development is a plus.
* Kotlin experience is also required
* JAVA 7 annotations is a plus
* Familiarity with the Android Material Design is a must.
* TDD implementation (Knowledge of Agile execution using TDD)
* Good Presentation skills, problem solving skills and learning attitude
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.