Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It's our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
We are looking for an exceptional Android Engineer to play a leading role in architecting and building the Freshly Android app from the ground up, as well as influencing and collaborating with the API team to create sustainable and long-lasting backend services for our future mobile products. Our current backing is a custom-built platform that encompasses e-commerce, warehouse management, shipping logistics and business logic for our subscription service that ships hundreds of thousands of meals per week. The complex business logic captures many use cases (order management, shipping schedule, meal recommendation and prediction, subscription pause/cancel management, etc.). One of the most exciting challenges of this position will be the architecture and design of a beautiful and useful user experience that will make the Freshly android app a best-in-class app. You will be helping millions of people to eat better and to meaningfully impact their lives.
* Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android applications in the Google Play Store.
* Expert knowledge of the Android SDK.
* Expert knowledge of Kotlin & Java.
* Vast experience integrating apps that utilize RESTful web services.
* You design, reason and challenge ideas before writing a line of code. You design lasting architectures that will sustain quality code for years.
* Experience using performance tools and optimization techniques.
* Desire to lead one or more Android Engineers on various projects.
* Have published your own Github projects or be a committer in a serious project is a plus.
* Being an advocate for quality, beautiful lasting code.
* A strong defender (and teacher) of engineering best practices.
* Experience in testing frameworks (like BDD/TDD).
* Some experience in Web Frameworks, preferably Rails.
* Previous startup experience a plus.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer's doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here's some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
* WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks - if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we'd love to hear from you!