Walmart InHome delivers fresh groceries from your local store directly to your kitchen or garage fridge. Rolling out to over 1 million customers in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach this Fall.
We are a scrappy and entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology to deliver fresh grocery from your local Walmart store directly into your fridge.
InHome's engineers are forward thinking and collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields and an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What You'll Do
* Own end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI * Work with our engineering team to develop a scalable mobile application * Build mobile infrastructure capable of interfacing with IoT devices * Employ continuous integration, testing, and automation to deploy to production on a regular basis * Work closely with iOS and backend developers * Explore cutting-edge technologies to solve customer problems
* BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study * 3+ years experience of Android Application development * Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer * Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently * Solid understanding of the Android platform and full mobile development life cycle * Solid understanding of architecture patterns * Strong computer science fundamentals * Experience working with remote data via RESTful APIs
Bonus points if you:
* have iOS experience * are comfortable with the GraphQL framework * have worked in a test-driven development environment * know other programming languages
* Competitive salary and equity * Health, dental, and vision insurance * Commuter benefits * Flexible vacation policy * A large, open workspace in NYC's Greenpoint neighborhood * A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options * Vision & dental plans for you & dependents * Associate discounts in-store and online * Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more * Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles? * Internet Explorer 8.0+ * Firefox 4.0+ * Safari 4.0+ * Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.