Partnering closely with the Americas Sales Leader, you will be expected to deliver extraordinary initiative and effort to lead the pre-sales system engineering team and the professional services (deployment and managed services) teams that drive the technical sales agenda, and assure prospects and customers have the right technical solutions to meet their needs. You will help the team determine customer requirements, influence evaluation criteria, set customer expectations, conduct demonstrations and evaluations, and coordinate (and when appropriate, contribute to) the delivery of the solution(s).
Operating in a cross functional and highly collaborate manner you will be responsible for the key areas below:
* Transform the Technical Services organization encompassing systems engineering and professional services with the right organizational structure and metrics
* Oversee the recruiting, hiring, development and effectiveness of the pre-sales engineering and professional services team.
* Carry direct responsibility for the company's revenue and renewal quotas.
* Develop plans, strategies, and metrics for building differentiated business
* Manage pre-sales and professional services budgets.
* Build a services business that is profitable - new service offering creation/pricing/positioning
* Support activities of the sales and customer success.
* Strong technical background to be a field CTO
* Maintain key customer relationships; develop and implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base; grow the business with new service offerings to meet the needs of our customers
* Develop key relationships throughout the partner ecosystem
* Define and roll out an enablement plan for internal and partner community
* Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback
* Partner with marketing and sales to refine the service value proposition, as well as sales and professional services approach.
* Ensure compliance with overall sales process and set appropriate metrics.
* Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
* Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
* Maximize results and outcomes with consistent, timely and high-quality delivery of services.
* Motivate and lead a high-performance professional services team composed of Solution Architects, Project Managers, Delivery Engineers and Data Analysts.
* Create mechanisms for effective work across geographical regions and time zones.
* Collaborate with partner companies to create a trained and on-demand workforce to managed Professional Services and Managed Services projects within the partner ecosystem or through 3rd party services only companies.
* Embody the role of people leader by cultivating strong relationships with colleagues, mentoring and developing team members.
* Enable the organization to think of the delivery team as our best customer to help drive the product towards market needs.
Scale business to support rapid growth and maintain consistency of quality.
* 15+ years' experience leading pre-sales and professional services in the software industry, preferably in a SaaS market.
* 10+ years' in a leadership role.
* 5+ years' SaaS software licensing experience.
* Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
* Experience with specific sales methodologies
* Well-versed in using marketing and sales software applications; Marketo, Salesforce.com.
* Previous experience in Digital Experience Monitoring and/or Application Performance Monitoring spaces with strong desire for development and application architecture experience and background.
* Thoroughly familiar with internet service delivery chain components; HTTP headers, CDN, DNS, API technologies, network routing protocols.
* Experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements as well as being able to present and sell our product to customer's technical and executive audience.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal organization to accomplish business goals.
* Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and escalation management.
* Experience in process improvement, decision making, managing processes, planning, analyzing information and developing standards.
* Deep knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) and data management concepts with an emphasis on data ingestion, curation, standardization and integration.
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
* MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA, or equivalent experience.