Agile Software Developer III
Job Code:2019-10-8-001 Location:San Francisco, CA Status:Regular Full Time Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced Agile Software Developer with strong contemporary skills, familiarity with agile methodologies, and commitment to building software solutions that enable technology excellence. Use your creativity and technical savvy to build and shape a product for our business, and leverage your passion for solving complex technical requirements and issues.
As a developer you will be responsible for:
* Producing high quality code resulting from knowledge of the Windows technologies and frameworks
* Performing or leading product design, systems analysis and programming activities, which may require some research
* Conducting practical debugging and troubleshooting in complex applications and systems
* Following best practices, processes, and using service oriented architecture tools to develop .NET based applications
* Documenting and performing thorough unit and functional testing of your code, work with QA to ensure high quality bug free code
* Participating in or lead product design meetings, daily standups, backlog grooming, and product demo's based upon knowledge and understanding of the Agile development methodology
* Documenting designs and system knowledge in Performant's standard tools
* Researching problems / issues, offering tech support to end-users and developing solutions to problems / issues
* Demonstrating a strong work ethic, a "can do" attitude and be highly productive
* Learning new technologies and develop tools to remain abreast of current technology, while leveraging your skills in legacy technologies to support existing platform development activities
* Taking on what's needed to help the team and the company meet objectives
Required Skills and Knowledge: 5-10 years of applicable development experience with demonstrated competency building software solutions, and a minimum of 1 year of experience developing in an Agile environment is required.
Development experience must include demonstrated competency and a minimum of 5-10 years' using the following tools and technologies:
* C# programming language
* ASP.NET MVC ,Web API or WCF Service
* Source Code Versioning tools such as SVN, GIT or comparable
Development experience must include demonstrated competency and a minimum of 3-5 years' using the following tools and technologies:
* NHibernate, Linq, Entity Framework, or comparable Object Relationship Mapper
* Nunit, or other comparable unit testing software
* Object Oriented Principles (OOP) for design
Technologies that are a nice to have, but not required:
* Sql Server, Structure Map
* Team City or other build server technologies
* NServicesBus or other Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technology
* Lucene/ Solr or other search platform
* RavenDB / Mongo DB or other no-SQL databases
* SpecFlow or other test modeling tools
* Powershell or other scripting languages
* HTML/ XML
Other values you will have:
* You're a team player who values team success above your own
* You listen more than you talk and communicate well with others when you do talk
* You don't stop at good enough, but strive for excellence
* A zero pressure, 8-5 job makes you yawn
* You are excited about what you are building and contributing to, not watching the clock
* You embrace change and adaptability is second nature
* The company and client's success is instinctual
* You want to be part of a work family that works hard, but has fun and enjoys the journey
* Your positive "can do" attitude is contagious and professionalism a given
* You know that respect for people, diversity and the business is essential
Education and Experience:
* Must have BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or related.
* You have the experience and background required to be successful in the role.
Due to government clearances required for this position no work visa sponsorship is available.
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS