SmartAsset is a financial technology company with the simple mission of helping people make better financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month. Our business model is to help the in-market consumers on our platform find the right Financial Advisor or the right Financial Product to meet their needs.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron's and many more.
* SmartAsset is looking for a Agile/Scrum Project Manager who has experience with both agile/scrum and traditional project management techniques.
* The ideal candidate will be able to apply the correct approach, depending on the project, and understand how to balance scope, cost, schedule, and risk.
* Lead and facilitate our agile process including sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospectives. Manage the day-to-day by monitoring the product development lifecycle.
* Partner with product management team to effectively manage the product backlog and ensure the company has a shared understanding of priorities.
* Build and maintain project plans, including approach, scope, tasks, durations, work effort, dependencies, budget, planning assumptions, potential risks, resource allocation, and deliverable definitions.
* Assist in developing and recommending best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Balance the need to be flexible and adapt to shifting priorities with limiting changes in scope.
* Focus on continuous improvement by identifying systemic risks and issues,and work with the appropriate colleagues to find resolutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 2-4 years experience as an agile and/or traditional project manager in a technology services or digital media organization.
* Proven track record, and passion, for applying agile principles and practices
* Leadership skills and an enthusiastic can-do attitude
* Relationship building and partnership skills
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills
* Excellent project management and time management skills
* Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
* Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision (but not afraid to call for help)
* Experience working with collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
* Catered lunch 3x per week
* Friday Tastings
* Regular team social activities (book club, sports league, community service, etc.)
* Medical, Dental and 401(k)
* Educational reimbursement program