Ernst & Young
An enterprise Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) consulting group designs PPM frameworks and solutions for Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. Our services focus on 'bridging the gap between Execution and Strategy' primarily by designing and implementing frameworks and solutions that allow companies to make data-driven decisions to optimize and manage portfolios and programs/projects.
Your key responsibilities
You will work directly with clients to analyze business problems and design PPM processes that address them. Additionally, PPM Business Solutions team members work closely with our PPM Technology Solutions team members to creatively leverage technology to support processes as part of the overall solution design.
As a PPM Business Solutions Senior, you'll focus on transforming the organization's ability to plan and control portfolios, and manage programs/projects through:
* Assessments, Process Design
* Capability Roadmap Development
* PMO Setup & Operations
* Automation & Digital Enablement
Skills and attributes for success
* Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
* Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
* Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
* In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
* Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's or master's degree
* Approximately 2+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2+ years of related work experience providing advisory services in Project and Portfolio Management process design work in at least one of the following areas: Assessments, Process Design, Capability Roadmap Development, PMO Setup & Operations, Data Framework and Design and Automation & Digital Enablement.
* Proven success in leading and developing a team of staff/senior consulting professionals
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
* Demonstrated professional knowledge of PPM methodologies
* Relevant experience identifying technology-related solutions that could streamline/support the process design, including data visualization options such as MS Share Point, MS Project Server/Project Online and MS Project Standard/Professional
* Demonstrated sector-specific knowledge and stay abreast of sector trends relevant to the client's business
* A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
Ideally, you'll also have
* A bachelors or masters degree with an emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business.
* Other software solution experience beyond the Microsoft platform is also desirable such as Clarity, Primavera, Jira, and Plainview
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
* Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
* An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.