Our clients are seeking and buying a new type of Program Management expert ' one who is both impartial but also deeply embedded in the delivery and success of their programs. Traditional suppliers, such as strategy houses, systems integrators and engineering project management consultants, cannot provide the complete service our clients now demand. Our insights and capabilities across all portfolio levels in planning, analysis and delivery are integrated into our core offerings, and this exemplifies our unique viewpoint over traditional program management.
Your key responsibilities
A successful Program Management Manager will work with our clients to establish a PMO or EPMO infrastructure to mobilize and manage programs by applying a proven PMO framework and methodology based on industry recognized global standards. You will team with engagement leadership to design, establish and operate day to day program and governance structures tracking performance, status and benefit realization across workstreams. You will support a knowledgeable team with experience in planning, controlling and executing complex programs and PMO's.
Skills and attributes for success
* Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
* Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
* Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
* In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
* Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's or master's degree
* Approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience providing advisory services in leading Program Management function in at least one of the following areas: PMO/EPMO design/set up and delivery, Program road-mapping design, PMO maturity assessment, End-to End ERP implementation, End-to End PPM implementation.
* Proven success in leading and developing a team of staff/senior consulting professionals
* PPM Tool expertise such as: Clarity, Primavera, MS Projects, MS Server, Plainview, Niku HP
* PM Methodology expertise such as: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
* Experience supporting and participating in pursuit efforts. Experience with the end-to-end RFP process (RFP, Response, Proposal, Client Presentation, SOW and Execution) and understanding of client procurement processes
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
* A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
Ideally, you'll also have
* A bachelors or masters degree with an emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business. CPA, PMP, Six Sigma and/or Certified SAP Solution Manager
* Sector experience in areas such as Media and Entertainment, Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, and Consumer Products.
What we look for
We look for people who can develop and implement creative solutions to challenging problems and work well with teams to do it. We look for people with an entrepreneurial spirit: innovative by nature, always creating new approaches, products, services, and technologies. Helping clients solve tough problems and implement solutions requires strong intellectual abilities and rigor as well as a practical sense of what works and what does not. We seek people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, and who can foster effective teamwork to drive results. Is this you? Read more...
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* The opportunity to work in many roles to solve our client's toughest issues'integrating world-class problem solving, industry and functional expertise, and proprietary tools and capabilities to create change and lasting impact.
* Manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
* Our style is collaborative, agile, and flexible to meet the needs of your people, processes, and technologies.
* An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, taax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Build your legacy with us. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.