Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement; assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offerings or industry projects; use technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services; construct and assess high-level and detailed security programs translating business needs and regulatory requirements into cost effective and risk appropriate controls; identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability; understand clients' business environment, existing IT controls, and basic risk management approaches; develop information security strategies and plans based upon generally accepted security standards; generate innovative ideas and participate in decision making with engagement management; communicate directly with the client and senior members of engagement regarding project status, issues, and escalations; and mentor and coach junior team members. Will commute within the New York, NY area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
* Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
* Eighteen months of experience in enterprise IT controls, architecture, and operations processes.
* Experience must include eighteen months of:
* Utilizing risk management reporting tools, including RSA Archer, to assess client security and control readiness and identify existing security risks;
* Utilizing tools, including NetFlow and NMAP, to collect relevant data;
* Performing data analysis using network security concepts and coding languages, including Python, SQL, and VBA;
* Assisting in architecture design and implementing technology-based solutions, including GuardiCore Centra, to protect enterprises' critical assets from unintended network access;
* Reviewing enterprise IT controls processes, including change management and firewall governance processes;
* Contributing to engagement planning and preparing for client products and deliverables; and
* Utilizing MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Access to provide documentation, including data analysis summaries, project plans, and status reports.
* Less than 10% travel outside of regular commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH19FA0419NYC7