Customer Facing Data Scientists (CFDSs) are critical to making our customers successful. Our Actuarial CFDS will focus on Insurance customers.
An ideal CFDS candidate should have strong fundamentals of applied data science in business setting, and should enjoy communicating and evangelizing data science solutions to business stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities :
* Representing the DataRobot product from a technical standpoint to customers - including demonstrations, conducting proof-of-concept trials, helping clients evaluate success criteria, and training users
* Providing the customer's point of view to DataRobot's Product team, informing the direction of future product feature development
* Data Science
* Enabling customers to solve complex data science problems using DataRobot - including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption
* In some cases, executing data science workflows for customers
* Providing data science knowledge and expertise as a trusted advisor to the client
* Project management
* Conducting and managing data science projects with customer's vision of success in mind
* Collaborating with Sales, Field Engineers, and the rest of the DataRobot team to identify the best possible resources to move forward customer's projects
* Building a long-term trusted relationship with the customer so that the customers can be led towards success
* Understanding and empathizing with customers' pain points of building AI solutions
* Qualifying opportunities where DataRobot can be a suitable fit and thus making DataRobot more efficient
* Presenting DataRobot in industry conferences as well as creating powerful technical content for marketing purposes
On a day-to-day basis, CFDS work side-by-side with the Sales, Account Management, and Field Engineering teams to help our customers achieve their goals with DataRobot. Internally, CFDS act as the voice of customer to the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
* 4-5+ years of real-world business experience in a data science role
* Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms
* Strong customer interaction experience
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
* Fluency with scripting (Python / R)
* Up to 50% travel
* Successful completion of 4+ exams. Casualty actuary fellow who has completed all 10 US exams a plus.
* 5+ years practical actuarial experience with a P&C Pricing / Rate development experience
* Claims reserving experience a plus
* Exposure to both commercial and personal Lines a plus
* Experience developing and submitting rate filings to DOI
* Experience with WTW Emblem a plus but not required
* Familiarity with consultative sales process in the analytics marketplace
* Familiarity with Hadoop and related Big Data technologies
* Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
* Strong communication skills required
* Strong personal organization skills
* Strong collaboration and team work skills
* Enjoys teaching and mentoring others
Our Data Science team is composed of people from around the globe united by their passion for predicting the future. From top Kagglers to engineers with deep algorithmic knowledge, we all love making DataRobot's predictions better and faster. DataRobot is an ideal place to learn from the top Data Scientists in the world, and teach them a thing or two along the way.
Interested? Apply now!
DataRobot is a company that offers a machine learning platform for data scientists to build and deploy predictive models.