At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Enterprise Master Patient Index lead for the Health Information Systems can be based. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) lead will be responsible for building the next EMPI solution for M*Modal/HIS. You will get to be part of a team that has real meaningful work that makes a difference in Healthcare.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Design, Development, Implementation, and testing of complex applications in a micro-service ecosystem
* Analyze requirements; design and document solutions; implement and configure/deploy onto the target systems
* Provide technical direction to an engineering team
* Doing software estimation of engineering tasks
* Organize design meetings and code reviews
* Drive adoption of the technology within the HIS division
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
* Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
* Minimum of ten (10) years of software development experience in Java, C++ or similar
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with patient index software solutions
* Experience with cloud architectures and large-scale hosted applications
* Experience with data modeling either with SQL or NoSQL databases
* Experience working in an Agile environment with strong test automation
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts and information on both user and technical level
* Healthcare industry experience
Travel Requirements: Occasional Travel might be required
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.