○ backend - JVM runtime - JRuby, Java, Kotlin
○ LookML - Custom DSL, YAML (deprecated)
■ integrated with source control such as git, bitbucket, etc
● Core Frameworks
○ Sinatra + Rack
○ jQuery, js-data, redux, angular, react, highcharts
○ looker.jar (soon-to-be: containerized with Docker/Kubernetes)
○ Looker hosted cloud (currently: AWS, soon-to-be: Azure, GCP)
● SQL Dialects Supported
○ xtremedata, vertica, vector, teradata, spark, spanner, snowflake, redshift, qubole, presto, postgres, oracle, netezza, mysql, mssql, mongo, memsql, mariadb, impala, hypersql, hive, hana, greenplum, exasol, druid, dremio, denodo, db2, datavirtuality, dashdb, clustrix, bigquery, athena, aster
• Provides trustworthy answers from a centralized data platform
• Leaves data in your database, without the need to extract data
• Enables collaboration through easy link-sharing from a single tool
• Fully leverages today’s most powerful databases
Our customers can build rich, tailored end-user experiences that leverage the full power of a curated data model. Today, customers can build and connect dashboards, embed them into web applications, and leverage APIs to build customized workflows. But we can go further: making things easier to use, easier to build, more powerful, more customizable, and to start fostering a rich ecosystem of reusable, packaged data experiences.
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1800 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Japan and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.