Zopa is the first and the largest peer-to-peer lending company in Europe. We're transforming the way consumers borrow and invest money by delivering better value than traditional banks. We are regularly featured in the press as an innovator in the FinTech sector and more than 63,000 people have lent over £3.8 billion through Zopa since our launch in 2005. We are a small yet brilliant and growing team (almost 400 of us) who draw experience from a range of industries. We're backed by firms who also invested in companies such as eBay, Betfair and Lovefilm. We are also in the Times Tech Track 100 & the Tech City Future Fifty.
You'd join at a crucial time where Zopa is accelerating at phenomenal growth. We recently celebrated lending a total of £2 billion since we were founded of transparent, fair, and great value loans this year. We're currently 400 people, based out in our London Bridge offices and we are in the process of obtaining our banking licence, to offer even more products to our customer base.
Some of the projects happening now:
- Building a new Credit Card Billing and statement generation engine
- Developing Machine learning models and optimization algorithms in production
- OpenBanking API development
- Credit Scoring systems (from scratch!)
- Credit Card Processing systems
- Building the deposits and savings account systems
- Memberships and very secure authentication models
Best Personal Loan Provider & Alternative Finance Provider (British Bank Awards, 2018)
Best Customer Service (Consumer Moneyfacts Awards, 2018)
8 times Trusted Loan Provider (Moneywise Customer Service Awards, 2010 to 2018)
Glassdoor Rating 4.4/5
Listed in Sunday Times TechTrack100 5 years in a row
The technical culture:
We are very data driven with decisions, A/B test consumers features and back end services for maximum productivity and success.
We deploy when we need to via CI and a completely automated test suite.
We collect over 12GB of logs every day
Can make a valuable impact, guide the product within the business, working in small agile teams, that aren’t too busy or hectic bureaucratical.
What we look for:
Strong mind set of reliability engineering
Developers keen to get involved with the architectural and system design trade offs
An advocate of test-driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development. A strong commitment to quality is essential as
its banking products.
Enjoy working with key stakeholders and understand and show passion for the business objectives of the company.
Interview Process (we can move quick!):
1. Introduction call with technical recruiter
2. Technical Test
3. Follow Up Call on Test
4. Onsite Interview & Meet with CTO
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?:
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· Vitality; an awesome range of benefits and perks
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working