Hired Top Employer in 2022 and 2021
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Some of the projects happening now:
- Building a new Credit Card platform for the modern age.
- Building Open Banking products from scratch.
- Personal Finance Management feature or system development.
- Building a new Credit Card billing and statement generation engine
- Pioneering a digital, customer-centric car finance solution
- Building our own internal services to coordinate how our consumer products manage sending and receiving money
- Best Online Savings Provider (Moneynet Personal Finance Awards, 2021)
- Best Personal Loan Provider & Alternative Finance Provider (British Bank Awards, 2018)
- Best Customer Service (Consumer Moneyfacts Awards, 2018)
- 8 times Trusted Loan Provider (Moneywise Customer Service Awards, 2010 to 2018)
- Glassdoor Rating 4.1/5
- Listed in Sunday Times TechTrack100 5 years in a row
The technical culture:
- We are very data driven with decisions, A/B test consumers features and back end services for maximum productivity and success.
- We deploy when we need to via CI and a completely automated test suite.
- We collect over 12GB of logs every day
- You'll have the freedom to create products from scratch, use cutting edge technology and shake up an old industry.
- Can make a valuable impact, guide the product within the business, working in small agile teams, that aren’t too busy or hectic bureaucratical.
- You'll be involved in everything from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
What we look for:
- You love shipping great products, not just writing superb code
- Developers keen to get involved with the architectural and system design trade offs
- An advocate of test-driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development.
- A strong commitment to quality is essential
- Enjoy working with key stakeholders and understand and show passion for the business objectives of the company.
Interview Process (we can move quick!):
- Introduction call with technical recruiter
- Technical Test
- Onsite interviews meeting a range of Zopians to cover technical ability and soft skills
- Final Interview
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?:
- A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working
- A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
- Vitality; an awesome range of benefits and perks
- Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
- A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
- A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
- Free breakfast every morning (in office)
- Top end tech and working from home equipment
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible working arrangements