A team committed to enhancing our customer experience in foreign exchange, international money transfer and payments through growing technologies, apps & mobile payments.
WHO WE ARE
Travelex are a market leading independent foreign exchange business. Over the past 40 years we have built a market leading retail and payments network of specialist foreign exchange stores, and have developed Travelex as a trusted and widely recognised brand in foreign exchange.
We are on a mission to transform our business into a leading FinTech organisation through the development of a number of digital-first, greenfield products and services.Our present focus of the company is to develop offerings in international payments and banknote distribution, with roll-outs planned globally. These offerings will cater to both our retail customers as well as our corporate and financial services partners.
In order to achieve these digital transformation initiatives, we are looking to expand our team across engineering, UX and design.
NOW LET'S GET TECHNICAL
- Our technology consists of a combination of React/Angular-based frontend applications and upwards of 25 fault-tolerant microservices hosted within Docker containers on AWS. Together, they provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem for digital products to be developed, iterated and operated in an agile manner.
- We have a built our own international payments platform from the ground up
- We are organised into small pizza teams, cross functional and small enough to execute value
- We take pride in our testing and releasing code into production and believe in the DevOps model
- Everyone is expected to support the code they release, after-all we care about our platform and our customers.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- We own our code base!
- Join a team with a track record of delivering high quality solutions using the latest technologies
- Contribute to our tech blog
- Excellent routes for career progression
- Attend developer, product and UX/design conferences
- Support to host meetups (even your own)
- Beautiful open plan offices nestled within Kings Place complex in the heart of Kings Cross.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
- Phone call with one of our recruiters (opportunity to learn more about you and answer any questions you may have)
- In-house interview with Engineering Manager (You will meet the team and visit our engineering site)
- If you are successful in the interview process, you will then receive an offer letter from the TA team.
STRAIGHT FROM THE TEAM
"At Travelex I get the opportunity to work with talented and driven people, who strive for excellence for our customers and our products. For me, every day is full of rewarding challenges and most importantly I get to practice the art that I love the most"
- Head of Engineering