peach is an innovative, new brand with a mission to inspire women to be their most beyoutiful. Here is how we are achieving our mission:
• We bring women better fitting, more thoughtfully designed basic and intimate apparel in the privacy and comfort of their own home.
• We provide women with the opportunity to be entrepreneurs and to lead their own peach businesses (we call them personal stylists).
• We are revolutionizing the lingerie industry.
At the heart of our innovation is a commitment to technology and design that enables us to take the powerful personal elements of social selling, combine them with the ease and convenience of strong e-commerce, to create a personal commerce experience. In January 2014, we raised an initial round of funding from Atlas Ventures and NextView Ventures and have seen great early success. peach is headquartered in Waltham, MA and we currently have over 90 personal stylists in 6 core geographies.
This role is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious, talented designer who wants to hit the ground running, be part of building a brand from the ground up, and join a talented and collaborative Marketing and Tech team.
The goal of the designer is to establish the conceptual and stylistic execution for projects, features and campaigns in conjunction with Marketing, Sales, and Tech teams. This includes brand identity, web, interactive, social, tablet, mobile screens, print, corporate event graphics, and marketing collateral. The role combines graphic and UI design to meet our visual needs. We are hiring for either a Designer or Senior Designer; in both cases, this role will be responsible for supervising a design intern. We expect this role and the team to grow as we do.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, collaborative environment (while this role is part of the Marketing team, collaboration with the Tech and Field/Sales teams is critical to success)
• Have experience in web as well as print design; experience with mobile interfaces is a plus. UX experience is optional, but a huge plus!
• Have a great eye for detail
• Exude equal parts leadership and vision for design combined with an ability to roll-up your sleeves for hands on work
• Be brimming with equal doses of creativity (and great ideas!) and genuine enthusiasm
• Know when to choose 'progress' over 'perfection'-- and how to advocate for the reverse, when necessary
• Have the confidence to take risks and the fortitude to take criticism
• Responsible for design and production of collateral for marketing, sales, branding campaigns, and UI design for the responsive web apps, etc.
• Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
• Contribute to company priorities – building brand awareness, recruiting & training stylist, client acquisition, etc. – by accomplishing related results as needed
• Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
• Attend some photo shoots
• Follow current brand guidelines and assist in evolving brand guidelines
• Minimum 3 years full-time experience in an agency or in-house creative / web team with graphic design and web UI experience; mobile desired (a great plus)
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; Wordpress is a plus
• HTML, CSS or other web development skills are preferred but not required
• Solid understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, color theory, patterns, and other design principles.
• Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Excel
• Animation and/or video editing skills a plus
• Apply (Resume & Cover Letter please). Please send your application to Sarah Kraus, Head of Marketing @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include a portfolio of your work.