We empower journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives
For over 30 years, Ancestry has been a trusted partner to its millions of members on their journeys of personal discovery. Ancestry is a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records, and the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives. Because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, Ancestry ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com, Find A Grave and Fold3.
• 17M app downloads + 2019 Webby Award
• 24B records / 80 countries of origin / 100M family trees
• 16 million people in Ancestry’s DNA network
• 30+ international markets / 3M paying subscribers
• 1B searches monthly
Why join Ancestry?
When you join Ancestry, you join our family, backed by history, science, and technology. You’ll be able to use the latest technology to explore the intersections of our businesses: technology, data science, product, and engineering.
We’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. We are bringing together science and self-discovery. Helping everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them.
- At Ancestry, we consider diversity to be an integral part of our business. We desire to cultivate an inclusive culture that attracts and empowers employees of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- Our culture empowers journeys of personal discovery. We strive for continuous improvement and help each other develop and thrive in a supportive environment.
- Since diversity and inclusion is in our DNA - we engage employees of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our products celebrate what makes each one of us unique.
- To help our employees reach their full potential and a greater sense of identity, we offer a variety of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) from Black Roots, AWIT (Ancestry Women In Technology), AQT (Ancestry Queers in Technology), and Honor (Ancestry Veterans Group)
Our Values, the way we work with one another
Be customer obsessed
- Deeply understand our customers through data and insights
- Focus on delivering sustained value to our customers
- Focus on what matters most and break through boundaries
- Learn fast, make tough choices, and scale what works
Empower each other
- Be inclusive and transparent, and commit to each other’s success
- Be accountable and trust each other to be accountable
Our Strengths – What we do well
- Follow our Privacy Credo, which requires everyone in the company to say what we do and do what we say (especially when it comes to customer data). Specifically, we:
- Foster transparency to minimize surprise for customers and regulators
- Provide customers control over their data.
- Protecting our customer’s privacy is our highest priority, we never shared any information with any third-party company or government.
The largest dataset in the globe
- We currently manage about 10 petabytes of structured and unstructured data
- 16M genotyped DNA samples in our database
- Ancestry has localized websites in nine countries providing access to its archive of online family history records to the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Australia, Mexico, and the UK.