* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19029951
z/TPF Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Core Infrastructure Services (CIS). CIS is responsible for defining solutions, deploying, and operating infrastructure technology services for Application Hosting and/or End Users. This function is focused on standardization, automation and lean methods to achieve best-in-class service and cost while being aligned to our sectors and regions for speed and responsiveness.
In CTI we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The z/TPF Infrastructure Operations Engineer is responsible for activities relating to the build, maintenance and operation of the z/ TPF infrastructure platforms. You will apply your technical knowledge and social skills to leverage our established set up and drive future improvements in the performance of our technology infrastructure platforms, ensuring that we are increasing the quality and reliability of the platform, with particular attention to optimizing its capacity. You are a recognized technical expert, and may lead a team of technologists, helping each team member with their development, listening and coaching them to be their best for our clients.
* Provide guidance and direction in area of the z/ TPF infrastructure.
* Apply the discipline of engineering to deliver critical platform support and optimize platform/sector functionality
* Fully understand, support, and define the z/TPF platform and areas supported to minimize risks and impact to customers,
* Review both z/TPF systems and application issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, ensuring that status and technical matters are reported to management in a timely manner
* Utilize skillset to provide support, trouble-shooting and performance-tuning within technical domain
* Support the creation and implementation of z/TPF system improvements that will improve performance and reliability while maintaining strict compliance and audit controls.
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
* Work effectively with virtual and remote team members exercising critical thinking to resolve issues and presenting technical findings accurately to internal customers and leadership
* Act as a liaison between various CTI businesses providing direction and support to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
* Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
* Technical Knowledge: A comprehensive knowledge of the z/TPF domain to assume responsibility for large, complex system(s) / initiatives.
* Team Leadership: Experienced in leading and putting together a diverse team to accomplish a difficult task and/or handle a high-stakes business issue/s. Establishes organization support for team (positive relationships with leaders, sponsors and partners)
* Customer and Industry Knowledge: Constantly surveying what's around you - CTI, Citi, industry, customers and competitors. Uses this knowledge to guide actions.
* Strategic Orientation: Accurately anticipates future trends and implications. Sees the big picture, considers future scenarios. Understands the goals, priorities, and strategies of the organization and how they relate to customers/stakeholders.
* Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line.
* Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
* Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
* Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
* Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Skills / Experience Levels
* You have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in the z/TPF area or financial institutions organization.
* You have 5+ years of managerial experience.
* You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
* You enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with others
* You work independently and are self-directed.
* You are a detail oriented and perseverant individual
* You have a positive attitude with the drive to get the work done
* You enjoy collaborating with others, and working as part of a cross discipline team.
* You're a self-starter with good problem solving skills, and you continuously look for ways to improve things.
* You understand the importance of prioritization of your work.
* Providing a great experience to the users of your platform is important to you.
* You have skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access or other analytical tools
* You have a Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
* You have a good in-dept knowledge of the z/TPF system
* Working knowledge of z/Linux a plus
* Working knowledge of the TPF TOOLKIT a plus
* REXX programming knowledge
* Assembler programming knowledge a plus.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.