Lahey Health Shared Services is part of a vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Manager of Desktop Support Services, and within established hospital, clinic and department policies and procedures is responsible for the installation and maintenance of workstations, terminals, personal computers, printers, handheld devices, and control units, etc. Consults with the Manager and/or Team Leader on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Provides second level support for all workstation problems within established timeframes. Analyzes and resolves user problems and concerns associated with workstation hardware and/or software, conferring with other Information Technology teams and/or the management on difficult or complex problems that cannot be resolved within established service levels.
* Configures, installs, modifies, and relocates desktop devices coordinating with other technical support teams to ensure user satisfaction and device operability. The scope of work can be a single device or a large-scale project involving a large number of devices.
* Provides workstation technical support to the Information Technology organization regarding all desktop hardware and software including assisting with 3rd party vendor application installations.
* Researches and recommends technology solutions both individually or as a team member.
* Assists users with backup and recovery procedures to ensure full system recovery.
* Completes all necessary documentation including creating and updating inventory records, hardware problem records, user documentation, licensing data, and status reports according to department standards and procedures.
* Coordinates, schedules, and reports on daily activities and specific desktop implementation/upgrade activities
* Upholds corporate policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and to improve service to user community.
* Maintains technical expertise in desktop support technology.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with all Clinic departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
* Identifies and initiates resolutions to problems and concerns associated with office and workgroup automation to the user's satisfaction.
* Carries a pager and participates in off-hours on-call schedule. May be asked to work weekends and holidays to provide technical support to the institution.
* Monitors the performance levels of all personal computers and peripherals and advises management on technical issues and trends.
* Consults with management on specific matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to standard policies and procedures as well as identifying trends in desktop support requirements.
* High School graduate or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
* Proven knowledge of operating systems, applications, hardware and systems integration.
* Proven support and Level II troubleshooting skills.
* Proven customer service, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to balance multiple assignments on a daily basis and direct the work of a diversified staff.
* Proven time management skills.
* Proven ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
* Proven ability to lead teams and operate effectively in a team environment.
* Proven ability to apply quality control techniques and processes to daily activities.
* The Workstation Specialist must be familiar with Intel and Macintosh based personal computers, wireless technology, IBM terminals and control units, DEC terminals and control units, and related operating systems, network clients, mail clients, anti-virus clients, and office automation applications such as Microsoft Office.
* A minimum of three years of experience supporting desktops and peripherals in a large scale computing environment, including experience with software and hardware rollouts.
The Lahey Model of Care-right care, right time, right place-is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.