We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Are you passionate about understanding real world workloads better and using this to help engineering improve their flows?
We are seeking an engineer with in-depth experience of working with and analysing real world CPU workloads, particularly enterprise payloads. You will have a real passion for innovative ways of analysing such workloads to identify key stress points to verify. You will join a small team who develop and improve the tools and workflows that Arm uses to craft GPU, Processor and System IP products in Austin, Cambridge and around the world.
What will I be accountable for?
As a member of the Methodology group you will be responsible for working with design teams to improve the workflows and practices critical to effectively delivering Arm's products. Specifically, we are looking for someone to:
* Use pre-silicon flows to run and analyse workloads for characteristics and sequences likely to exercise or stress corner cases in the DUT
* Craft, develop and deploy to engineering teams flows to extract key features to be verified from various workloads
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with running workloads to test complex systems
* Experience with hardware verification (ideally including Emulation, FPGA and/or silicon-based approaches)
* Examples of leading innovation to improve verification flows or practices
* Knowledge of hardware micro-architecture and how this may impact workload behavior
* Scripting/Programming (Python, Perl, TCL, C/C++/Java or equivalents)
What might make me especially suited to the role?
* Experience with infrastructure/server processor verification strategies
* A natural inclination to persuade not push when introducing new concepts
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings is a company that designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.