Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job :
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Management System (Workday) and additional other HR related systems. Acting as the technical point-of-contact for the People Group (HR) and subject matter expert with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing for process improvement opportunities.
Job Components :
* Provide support for Workday including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
* Assist in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain Workday system tables. Document process and results.
* Serve as a liaison between the People Group and Information Technology (IT) Departments to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the department and users of HR information systems.
* Provides project oversight from design through implementation. Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates on project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that occur during the course of projects. Monitors project work to ensure that progress is maintained within expected guidelines and is completed on a timely basis.
* Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train clients on new processes/functionality. Train new system users
* Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Ensure data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
* Provide support for all HR related technical systems and interactions with Workday.
* Assists in identifying new HR needs and the software products to fulfill these needs.
* Assist as necessary with Payroll, HR, benefits and compensation support and team member on boarding.
Qualifications (List experience, educational background, professional licenses, certifications and personal competencies required to perform the job):
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 2 years' experience with Workday required; must include experience with Workday Payroll;
* Intermediate PC knowledge in a windows environment. Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and/or experience with a database environment.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and follow-up on multiple concurrent tasks.
* Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
* Must work well with others.
Scope Data (List all relevant scope data i.e. budget, revenue, management of staff, financial & resource accountability, interaction with others, review and approval of work):
* Will work with Director of HR, HR Business Partners and IT to provide analysis of HR trends for Executive Management.
* Will work at maintaining, automating and streamlining HR Business processes and systems across the Enterprise.
* Act as subject matter expert and point of contact for HCM system solutions
Work Environment (List all relevant physical data required to perform the job, i.e. lifting, pushing, pulling, frequent standing, driving, etc. - be as specific and quantifiable as possible regarding time, weights, etc.):
* Ability to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time in an office environment.
* Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, and talk and hear.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 20+ lbs.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
About Interstate Batteries
Interstate Batteries provides batteries and services.