At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer on the Uber's People Apps team, you drive the technology and business processes of our People Team, providing tools and analysis to support various groups in Uber HR.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a strong background in Workday and other HR systems, with a particular emphasis in Workday general HCM, business process framework, and reporting. In addition, this candidate should demonstrate excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Product support -Help to field a high-volume and variety of requests from the business to ensure resolution quickly and accurately.
* Technology and process consulting - Advise the business on which tools/configurations fit their needs and consult on the best process. Understand the downstream impacts of potential solutions and advise the business accordingly.
* Special projects / ad hoc analyses - Tackle constantly arising new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities. Evaluate and drive important initiatives.
* Business partnering - Work closely with business leaders to define our people processes, then use Workday to optimize the workflow.
* Reporting and analysis - Build reports directly in Workday and help develop complex datasets for the People Data Analytics team.
What You'll Need
* 1+ years experience in Workday implementation/configuration support (other HR systems are a plus!)
* Exceptional Workday skills and other systems experience.
* Hands on experience configuring in Workday general HCM, business process framework, and reporting.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills.
* Team player - Thrive on collaboration and seek to find the best possible solution for Uber.
Bonus Points If
* Experience with implementations or support of HR Systems outside of Workday.
* Experience will Workday functional areas outside of Core HCM, i.e. Time Tracking, Benefits, and Compensation, etc.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.