Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Workday Financial Systems Analyst
The Workday Financial Systems Analyst position will support the Finance Department teams in their use of Workday Financials. This position will provide daily functional and technical support to the Finance and Accounting teams, lead the analysis and business case development for enhancements and process changes, and drive the business testing and acceptance of changes. This position resides in the Information Systems team working in conjunction with IT/IS technical resources on system configurations as well as coordinating outside development efforts with Workday Partners.
* Serve as a Workday Financials product specialist documenting business requirements and configuring Workday Financials in the functional areas of General Ledger, Assets, Suppliers, Invoicing, Expenses, and Procurement.
* Test and deploy functionality into Workday; including executing the pilot/implementation/deployment of new requirements or enhancements to the Workday application and integration support.
* Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain, business processes, dashboards, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools.
* Review Workday weekly service notes and major release notes to identify the impact and prepare for or react to new features and functionality. Support testing, regression testing, training, and communication of required changes in Workday releases.
* Provide support to Finance and Accounting Workday users by answering questions, researching and resolving issues, following up on issues, providing documentation and training.
* Collaborate with business users to assess business needs and translate those needs into effective technical solutions that align with corporate initiatives:
Assess the feasibility of systems enhancements and process changes and their impact on Workday Financials and ancillary systems.
Determine operational/functional objectives for assigned projects. Gather information, evaluate requirements and solutions.
Document functional specifications. Translate ambiguous business problems into recommended concrete technology solutions.
Perform system configuration and application/report development and collaborate with other internal/external resources.
Develop test plans based on requirements and direct users in executing test plans and tracking defects/fixes.
Provide functional and technical expertise and recommendations in assessing implementation of project objectives.
Collaborate with internal project teams and external resources.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
* 3+ years of hands-on financial systems analyst experience required
* Day-to-day production support of live Workday environment desired
* Workday Financial systems experience desired
* Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practice
* Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills